Fleece jacket, based on this Shearling Children's Coat from Burda style 10/2012.
- used fleece instead of shearling.
- shortened the length.
- omitted the extra seam in the middle of the front and back pieces. I cut each as one whole piece.
- added a pleat to the top of each pocket, and added a decorative button.
- blanket stitch along the hood, front and bottom edges of jacket, as well as sleeve edges.
- running stitch details on the pockets.
I love how easy it is to sew with fleece.
No hemming. No fraying. No worries.
The jacket sews together so easily although as always, Burda's instructions are generally a bit dodgy and I needed to refer to the technical drawing a few times to figure out what they were trying to explain.
More time was spent on the hand stitching which I thought gave the whole jacket a little bit something extra.
I love the fit of the jacket and really should sew another for my other daughter.
And one for me too would be nice!