27 May 2013

Fleece Jacket for post-baby wear

Here we are.
I wanted my own fleece jacket after I made this one for my daughter, but after some pondering and consulting with Adrienne, the cutesy hand stitching was probably not going to be the look I was after so I've left off the blanket stitch and kept it simple.


Details:
Pattern based on this Burda Style Shearling Jacket 10/2012 #101


Modifications:
Used fleece (from the stash) instead of shearling.
Omitted pockets.
Two snaps to secure collar & front.
Removed around 2.5 inches from the Centre back on Size 36 to fit me as this was the smallest size available.


And a badly modelled photo shoot of 25 week pregnant self wearing the jacket ... ohhh, the back is nice!

12 comments:

  1. I love this pattern and your version is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maider ... will be nice to wear when the belly has gone! :)

      Delete
  2. The back looks great! Love the color. It will be nice to have something new after the baby is born!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally ! thanks love.

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness, I LOVE it. That collar is so flattering! And that is my favorite favorite shade of blue - in fact, my wool winter coat is just that light blue :) Love it. Very inspiring, Jacinta - I never considered sewing outerwear for any of us, but I see how easy you've made it. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Margo. It's a great colour - I think it would be called "duck egg blue" .. and oh you should totally try making the kids some outerwear - just start with fleece/polar fleece as it is so forgiving. No need to hem, or for a lining. Simple. :)

      Delete
  4. That is so cute! Man, I wished you lived near me. I would so hire you to sew me things:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, it looks lovely and cosy. My coat version of this is nearly done, just want to add pockets as I didn't put the inseam ones in but think it needs some. I am thinking to add buttons where you put snaps too, good to see they work like that. Well done - it works perfectly with a bump too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! Fleece is surprisingly warm.... can't wait to see your version soon! :)

      Delete
  6. You made this yourself? It's beautiful and the color looks refreshing. I hope i can sew one for myself, I want a nice looking fleece jacket as well. You did a great job here. Are you planning to do more?

    - ClothingCarnival.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm impressive. You actually pulled it off. I don't think i can do this myself. I've never tried sewing. Anyway, i really love your fleece jacket. I love the collar, i love how it looks, the front and back part. You're amazing!

    - ClothingCarnival.com

    ReplyDelete